Learn More about Being a Leader
Group staff provide a 9-hour training for leaders in the use of the
manual and the process of leading a group. Leaders also participate in
(1) ongoing education and support with Mosaic Group through a Learning
Collaborative while conducting their first group, and (2) a web based
Learning Community while continuing to lead groups.
Leader qualities and responsibilities are identified below.
Who are Families Strong Support Group Leaders?
- Peer (family) or agency volunteers who are trained by Mosaic Group and supported through an ongoing Learning Network
- Compassionate individuals with a continuing commitment to help others
- Motivators and cheerleaders for group members
What do Families Strong Support Group Leaders do?
- Empathize with group members
- Maintain consistent boundaries
- Actively listen to all group members
- Deliver the Families Strong curriculum, using interactive, positive, techniques
- Facilitate positive communication among all members of the group
- Give group members a safe space to practice new skills
- Help group members to build relationships
- Talk less and listen more
- Facilitate 9-week groups at least twice per year
- Participate in ongoing education and support with Mosaic Group through the Learning Collaborative and Learning Community